Audio experiences affect us at a subconscious, evolutionary level. As a brand you need to be thinking about the audio experience of your brand. This includes voice, music, jingles, sounds and more.
Voice Over and Voice Acting
* The VoiceOver industry is a close knit and large industry.
* A company wants to find someone to represent their company in voice.
* Voice talent is used for external and internal purposes.
* It’s all about creating the perfect audio experience for their customers.
The importance of Good Audio
* When I watch a YouTube video, good audio is more important to me than good video.
* Try watching a movie without any sound. The impact will be completely gone.
* Music has an incredible emotional impact on us.
* The sound of someone’s voice has a huge impact on us. Just by listening to a voice we immediately trust someone more or less.
* The market is becoming less trusting and can see through BS more easily. It’s important to have a trusting voice behind your brand.
* Reading a script and making it sound natural and conversational is difficult. It’s acting. That’s why most voice actors get coaching and training.
* Consider what you’re saying. Give yourself time to think about what you’re going to say.
* Avoid excessive filler words.
* Don’t sound like you’re reading a script. Make it sound like the words are coming naturally.
* Don’t talk through your head. Instead, let the sound resonate throughout your whole body.
* Learn how to breathe. When you breathe in, your stomach should be going out.
* Cynthia Zhai ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/cynthiazhai/
) - Voice Coach, Speaker & Trainer
Hiring Voice Talent vs. Doing it In-House
* Being a good speaker with a natural sounding voice is difficult and requires training.
* You hire a professional to do a good job. You likely won’t get the best results from Sam in accounting.
* From a trust building perspective it may be best for you to do it yourself. Do this if you are making a brand that revolves around you.
* A large company with many employees with a brand that doesn’t revolve around a person should hire a professional.
* Find a voice that matches your brand.
* You can’t create trust without understanding your brand values and messaging.
* In order to create trust with your brand, you need to focus on the audio experience that people have with your brand.
The Science Behind the Impact of Audio
* When you listen to a podcast, you get to know the host and connect with the people you’re listening to.
* Podcasting is a personal medium.
* The human voice connects us.
* Because of evolution, we are conditioned to know who our people are and there is something comforting about listening to another human.
* We can discern nuances in the human voice like emotion and tone.
* Our audio spectrum is many times wider than our visual spectrum.
* The human voice is a powerful connection.
Music and Tones in Branding
* There are so many opportunities in marketing for music and tones.
* Jingles are a powerful way of helping consumers remember your brand.
* Originally, jingles were there for entertainment. In recent history, jingles are actually going out of style though.
* In the 90’s, brands started moving to celebrity music endorsements of their products.
* Michael Jackson - PEPSI Commercial - Billie Jean ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE5A6J51Gq4
* Now, it’s more of an all around audio experience.
* MasterCard just paid millions of dollars to create a brand sound.
* Sound On: Mastercard Debuts Sonic Brand ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ZPDxEJ7wA
* Apple Mac Startup Sound/Chime ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9w08Pov-yA
* iOS keyboard sound ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOK6ErWLPT4
* iPhone Text Message Sent Sound Effect ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAisWjP49xA
* Nissan LEAF Dream Drive Rocks Your Baby to Sleep ( https://apnews.com/press-release/pr-businesswire/9…
* Hospitals are even looking into sound design to help people sleep and be calmer in the hospital environment.
* Sound can even affect our other senses.
* Steve Keller - Sonic Strategy Director - Pandora ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevekeller1/
* List all of the senses and think about how you engineer your brand experience.
* 5 Tips for Implementing an Intentional Audio Strategy ( https://voiceoversandvocals.com/audio-branding-str…
* Jodi Krangle Website ( https://voiceoversandvocals.com/
* Linkedin ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/jodikrangle/
* Audio Branding Podcast ( https://voiceoversandvocals.com/podcast/
* LinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/jacobmharmon/
*Follow JMH Media:*
* JMH Media: Building Brand Loyalty and Trust ( https://www.jmh.media/
* LinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/company/18514727
* Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/jacobharmondesign
* Instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/jmhmedia/
*Listen & Subscribe*
* Apple Podcasts ( https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/trust-cast/i…
* Google Podcasts ( https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZ…
* Spotify ( https://open.spotify.com/show/0PYdDK7VWfkQ1jugkikW…
* YouTube ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVy8VMGKvKxy0mDpk…
* Podchaser ( https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/-1565029
* Overcast ( https://overcast.fm/itunes1541763464
* Amazon Music ( https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/46a69d08-ad16-48…
*We’d love to hear from you!*
Have some feedback about the show? Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com
You can also rate us in Apple Podcasts ( https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/trust-cast/i…
) or your favorite app to help more people discover the show!