(Recorded May 6, 2018)
In this episode, Brian and Jack are joined by Superior Spider-Talk‘s Dan Gvozden
to discuss the surprising series finale that is Spider-Man #240. We share your thoughts and reflections on Miles’ series, and we have a major announcement about the future of the podcast. All kinds of feelings in this episode!
- 0:00 – Flashback: Bendis on Miles’ first true villain.
- 1:53 – Intro; Welcome back, Dan!
- 5:32 – Spider-Man #240 – A terrifying real-life moment informs the final chapter of a nearly two decade run. But does it work in context? Looking at how Bendis cleared the decks for the next creative team (a way to potentially lose the new powers? Jefferson’s new last name?). Not the best ending, but perhaps the best one possible? Looking back on Miles’ story and our favorite moments.
- 49:45 – Our three word summaries of the issue.
- 50:49 – Listener feedback! Your thoughts on this issue and reflections on the series.
- 57:32 – A big announcement about the Ultimate Spin podcast.
- 1:04:04 – Outro; What did *you* think of this issue and where Miles could go next? Let us know! And coming up…
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
Also check out:
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org