Spoiler: We’re all basically androgynous.
McCall’s ex talks masculinity and femininity during gender transition and Cassidy helps McCall unbox toxic femininity, through the lens of Jung’s theory of Anima (the feminine aspect in a male) and Animus (the masculine aspect in a female) and the toxicity that occurs when those characteristics become too extreme.
This week, Alison Whiteacre, a transfemme transition coach (a perfectly suited career, we think!) and an old lover of McCall’s, joins the show to speak candidly on how she feels about femininity and masculinity, and what transitioning has taught her so far. Also, we introduce our new UBG Team member: Cassidy, whose work in rape crisis gives her an interesting, albeit biased, perspective on terminology she unboxes with us.
- What is animus?
- What’s anima then?
- Alison Whiteacre and transition coaching
- Alison’s 4 Phases of Change (like playing your hand)
- Girls have more fun!
- Gender fluidity and Non-Binary Billy
- Gender Dysphoria
- Alison’s 3-Step Life Hack
- Cass’s reaction to toxic femininity
- Toxic gender roles: a phone call
- Devon Price: “Toxic Femininity Holds All of us Back”
- Call to Action
- John Mellencamp “Little Ditty” outtake
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/unboxinggod/support