Interview begins: 5:30
Debrief begins: 44:38
Rose Maizner is a partner at RenewableTech Ventures and a co-founder of Womenpreneurs.
RenewableTech Ventures is a Salt Lake City based venture capital fund focused in cleantech. An impact investment fund, Renewable Tech Ventures has helped a number of green energy startups find stamina in the venture market. Rose discusses her journey from nonprofiteer to becoming a partner in a venture capital fund and Renewable Tech Ventures's current outlook on funding.
Rose is also a co-founder of Womenprenuers, an all-women network focused on empowering and educating women in entrepreneurship and venture capital. She talks about the need for these communities and how she came to lead one.
- Ad: Improved methods to sourcing talent and finding new possible colleagues (4:20)
- Rose's background in nonprofits and coming to venture capital (5:40)
- RTV's work in Utah (13:19)
- RTV's funding (17:39)
- Boom and bust of cleantech investment in the 2000s (19:55)
- Current companies with RTV (22:55)
- The start of Womenpreneurs and it's model (30:45)
- How men can help women in venture capital (39:22)
RenewableTech Ventures was founded 2010 and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Learn more about RenewableTech Ventures: http://www.renewablevc.com/
Learn more about Womenpreneurs: http://www.womenpreneursutah.com/
Follow upside on Twitter: https://twitter.com/upsidefm
This episode is sponsored by Integrity Power Search, the #1 full stack high growth startup recruiting firm between the coasts. They partner with venture capitalists, private equity groups and CEOs to build amazing teams for the world’s most disrupting companies.
Learn more about or get in touch with Integrity Power Search: https://upside.fm/integrity