Joining Erik on this episode are:
- Dan Hockenmaier (@danhockenmaier), founder of Basis One
- Casey Winters (@onecaseman), Chief Product Officer at Eventbrite
- Lenny Rachitsky (@lennysan), former founder as well as former growth PM at Airbnb
- How marketplaces have evolved over the last several years.
- The trend towards owning more of a user’s experience, and the pros and cons of that approach.
- The possibilities for new vertical marketplaces.
- Where they would be investing if they were running a fund focused on the space.
- Why some of the biggest companies in the space were initially overlooked.
- How to think about building liquidity in a marketplace.
- Some of the interesting debates in the field, and their takes on them.
- The most surprising learnings they’ve had while working in the space.
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at villageglobal.vc
or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.