Alex MacCaw (@maccaw), founder and CEO of Clearbit, joins Erik on this episode. He is a co-author of the book The Great CEO Within.
- The power of good management and the lack of a modern handbook for managers.
- Why and how they treat interviewing and hiring as a science experiment.
- What to know for a great reference check.
- Managing conflict effectively.
- Why you only really close a hire after the first ninety days of them working at your company.
- How to think about compensation at a startup.
- How to give feedback and his breakdown of which kinds of words to use or not.
- How to think about building culture at a startup.
- Common management and meeting mistakes.
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at villageglobal.vc
or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.