Erik is joined on this episode by Glen Weyl (@glenweyl), founder of RadicalxChange and co-author of Radical Markets, and Tomer Kagan (@Gradish), co-founder and CEO of Merit.
- What they’re working on in the space and how it will change how identity works in the future
- How to think about what makes up someone’s identity, including elements that are self-declared and those that can be independently verified
- Glen’s point that the internet is missing two crucial elements: a truth function and a dignity function
- How the world will be different if their projects succeed
- Pseudonymous identities
- The problem with large-scale identity or reputation systems, like the Chinese government or Uber have created
- Why blockchain is the wrong answer to the right question when it come to identity, and the idea that “most truth is local, not global”
- What they are still trying to figure out in the space
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at villageglobal.vc
or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.
Venture Stories is brought to you by Village Global, is hosted by co-founder and partner, Erik Torenberg and is produced by Brett Bolkowy.