Erik is joined on this episode by JD Ross (@justindross) and Sean Linehan (@seanlinehan). JD is co-founder of Opendoor and Sean is co-founder of Placement and former VP of Product at Flexport.
- What Sean is doing with Placement and his personal story for where the idea came from.
- How they “navigated the idea maze” and what they learned from the ideating they did.
- What has led to the rise of the ISA and their thoughts on the space.
- How they think about working in spaces that are highly regulated.
- The future of San Francisco as a tech hub.
- Why the next evolution in the US economy will be a shift to an “experience economy.”
- Their thoughts on charter cities, and why JD says there could be a new city built from scratch in the US today.
- The idea of “skills debt” as analogous to technical debt.
- Some of their ideas around new forms of private equity.
Remember to apply for the winter vintage of our Network Catalyst accelerator! It is a personalized program that features masterclasses from some of the best in Silicon Valley and a dedicated network leader focused on making the introductions you need to turbocharge your company. You can participate in-person in San Francisco or virtually from anywhere around the world.
Find out more and apply at villageglobal.vc/networkcatalyst
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at villageglobal.vc
or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.
Venture Stories is brought to you by Village Global, is hosted by co-founder and partner, Erik Torenberg and is produced by Brett Bolkowy.