Owen Willis (@jowenwillis), lead of the On Deck Health Tech Fellowship, and Nikhil Krishnan (@nikillinit) of Out-of-Pocket, join Erik on this episode to discuss:
- How health has evolved from a historical perspective.
- How the environment has changed for companies in the space in the last decade.
- Common misconceptions about building a company in healthcare.
- Why in healthcare no one cares about reducing costs but instead only about increasing revenue.
- The purpose of the fellowship and what you will get out of it.
- Which kinds of companies would be a good fit for the fellowship.
*The deadline to get your application in for the spring vintage of the Village Global Accelerator is March 1st! It’s a personalized and tight-knit program with an amazing network of peers, advisors, and experts. Companies that have been through the accelerator have raised from some of the top venture funds in the world, like a16z, First Round Capital, Founders Fund, Lux Capital, True Ventures, Felicis and more.
Learn more and apply at www.villageglobal.vc/accelerator
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at www.villageglobal.vc
or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.
Want to get updates from us? Subscribe to get a peek inside the Village. We’ll send you reading recommendations, exclusive event invites, and commentary on the latest happenings in Silicon Valley. www.villageglobal.vc/signup