Andrew Barry (@Bazzaruto), program director for On Deck Course Creators, joins Erik on this episode to discuss:
- The history of online courses and why they’ve exploded in the past few years.
- What the On Deck Course Creators program is and what people can expect to get out of it.
- The two key things you need to get right when creating an online course.
- Common misconceptions that people have about what it takes to build one.
- How to think about monetization.
- The future of the ODCC program.
*The deadline to get your application in for the spring vintage of the Village Global Accelerator is March 1st! It’s a personalized and tight-knit program with an amazing network of peers, advisors, and experts. Companies that have been through the accelerator have raised from some of the top venture funds in the world, like a16z, First Round Capital, Founders Fund, Lux Capital, True Ventures, Felicis and more.
Learn more and apply at www.villageglobal.vc/accelerator
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at www.villageglobal.vc
or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.
Want to get updates from us? Subscribe to get a peek inside the Village. We’ll send you reading recommendations, exclusive event invites, and commentary on the latest happenings in Silicon Valley. www.villageglobal.vc/signup