Erik is joined on this episode by Bee Shapiro (@BeeShapiro), New York Times columnist and founder of Ellis Brooklyn, and Natalie Toren (@NatalieToren), creative consultant.
They talk about:
* The current landscape in the beauty sector, including the clout of the massive incumbents and some of the up-and-coming brands.
* Whether successes like Kylie Jenner's line or Glossier can be replicated.
* How fragrance is unique from other categories.
* Where Bee would be investing if she was running a venture fund in the space.
* What distribution deals with big companies look like and what the economics are.
* Whether Silicon Valley tech entrepreneurs could take on the space.
… And much more.
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at villageglobal.vc
or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.
Venture Stories is brought to you by Village Global, is hosted by co-founder and partner, Erik Torenberg and is produced by Brett Bolkowy.