John Danner (@jwdanner) of Dunce Capital and Michael Staton (@mpstaton) of Learn Capital join Erik on this episode.
- How EdTech has evolved and the ways that perspectives have changed on the space.
- Their theses about the future of the space and the key challenges that it faces.
- Why the pandemic might be the catalyst for an increase in homeschooling.
- The problems with the current ways that education is delivered and how certain companies are well-positioned to change things for the better.
- Whether there will be an expansion of ISAs to different, more regulated, verticals.
- The challenges that for-profit companies face in education.
- Whether there will be such a thing as a “Walmart University” or “Amazon University.”
- Their requests for startups in the space.
Applications for the summer vintage of our Network Catalyst accelerator are now open! The early decision deadline is May 15th and final deadline is June 5th. Learn more and apply today at www.villageglobal.vc/network-catalyst
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at villageglobal.vc
or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.