Jonathan Hsu (@jonathanhsu), co-founder and general partner at Tribe Capital, joins Erik on this episode.
- His background in data science, how it has impacted (or not) venture, and how using data can help remove bias.
- Why so much of talent evaluation by venture capitalists is instinct-driven instead of data-driven.
- The common misconceptions that people have about product-market fit and how he thinks about it.
- How to pick the right metric when setting strategy for your startup, including common mistakes that people make in early-stage companies when thinking about metrics.
- How to evaluate pre-product-market-fit companies and where he stands on the lean startup vs. “fat startup” debate.
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at villageglobal.vc
or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.