Welcome to Episode 23 of Virtual Pizza. In this episode we cover what I’ve been catching up on, the latest entertainment news and out recommendation of the week, The Message
. WHAT I’VE BEEN WATCHING THIS WEEK
- Last 2 episodes of Versailles
- Set against a backdrop of power, love, betrayal and war, Versailles is a unique take on a defining period of French history. The year is 1667 and King Louis XIV, portrayed by George Blagden (Vikings), is a 28-year-old monarch on the cusp of greatness. A ruthless leader, he will stop at nothing to achieve his vision of creating the most beautiful palace in Europe and seizing absolute control of France and his enemies.
- Catching up with season 1 of Marvel’s Daredevil on Netflix
- Pilot episode of The Cleansed podcast
- Amazon has officially ordered ten episodes of the Jack Ryan reboot TV series.
- John Williams is returning to the Star Wars franchise for the eighth time to score 2017’s Star Wars: Episode VIII.
- Good news for fans of H Division in Whitechapel, Reid and Drake return to the beat for season four of the fantastic Ripper Street on BBC2
- With Twin Peaks set to return to TV screens next year, co-creator Mark Frost is set to give fans a look at what’s been happening to the characters between the end of the original series and the upcoming revival with The Secret History of Twin Peaks, a new book set for release in October.
- More details on the upcoming HBO series, Westworld have been released. Being broadcast in October, the show, based on the 1973 science fiction western-thriller film written and directed by novelist Michael Crichton about amusement park robots that malfunction and begin killing visitors. The iconic movie starred Yul Brynner as an android in a futuristic Western-themed amusement park, and Richard Benjamin and James Brolin as guests of the park. The new show replaces Brynner with Ed Harris, and adds Anthony Hopkins, Evan Rachel Wood and James Marsden to the mix.
- Jared Leto has signed on the dotted line to star alongside Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford in Blade Runner 2 for a role that is currently being kept under wraps.
RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK The Message
FEEDBACK Feedback on the last show, episode 22 has been amazing. Thank you everyone for the kind words – special shout outs go to Shannon, Lee, Eric, Robin, Jason and Gary for spreading the Virtual Pizza around on Twitter. And remember, you can follow us on Twitter @virtualpizza. Jason sent in some podcast recommendations to share with us all – the first is Alice isn’t Dead
, from the produces of our favourite Welcome to Nightvale
, Mystery Show
, WTF with Mark Maron
and friends of Virtual Pizza, The Boss Wave
. All excellent recommendations Jason! Last week’s recommendation was Uncanny County
, and they’ve knocked it out of the park again with the very dark ‘Rainbow Magic Kittens’. Please go and check them out if you haven’t already. Another quick show, hope you enjoy!