Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Dr. Mark Thornton joins Adam Camac and Daniel Laguros to discuss the War on Drugs and his 1991 book, The Economics of Prohibition.
About the Guest
Dr. Thornton is Senior Fellow at the Mises Institute and a former member of the graduate faculty at Auburn University. He is the Book Review Editor of the Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics and author or editor of The Economics of Prohibition, Tariffs, Blockades, and Inflation: The Economics of the Civil War, The Quotable Mises, and The Bastiat Collection.
Biographical information is from mises.org.
Related Article and Video
1. How the Drug War Drives Child Migrants to the US Border by Mark Thornton (July 14, 2014)
2. Is the War on Drugs a Failure? by Mark Thornton (June 1, 2014)
1. The Economics of Prohibition by Mark Thornton
2. Tariffs, Blockades, and Inflation: The Economics of the Civil War by Mark Thornton and Robert Ekelund
3. The Quotable Mises edited by Mark Thornton
4. The Bastiat Collection edited by Mark Thornton
5. Man, Economy, and State by Murray Rothbard
6. Power and Market by Murray Rothbard
26. Financial Repression and the Further Destruction of the US Economy with Dr. Mark Thornton (Friday, April 1, 2016)
6. The Origins of Money with Dr. Mark Thornton (Friday, March 4, 2016)
Podchaser is the ultimate destination for podcast data, search, and discovery. Learn More