Episode 80 of the Guru Performance 'We Do Science' Podcast! In this episode I (Laurent Bannock) discuss 'Athlete Immune Health' with Professor Neil Walsh, Bangor University, UK. In this session we get into:
- Defining Immunity
- Immune Function & Performance
- Are upper respiratory tract infections a problem for athletes?
- Recommendations for avoiding infection
- How does stress alter immunity?
- Key factors that lower immunity in athletes and recommendations (Training stress, Life stress, Poor sleep, Environmental stress, Poor nutrition)
- Can we monitor immunity to predict infection in athletes?
Checkout our other podcasts, video blogs and articles on all things performance nutrition at www.GuruPerformance.com
Who's On This Episode
We don't know anything about the creators of this episode yet. You can add them yourself so they can be credited for this and other podcasts.
This episode hasn't been reviewed yet. You can add a review to show others what you thought.
Mentioned In These Lists
There are no lists that include "Episode 80 - 'Athlete Immune Health' with Professor Neil Walsh". You can add this episode to a new or existing list.