Episode 71 of the Guru Performance 'We Do Science' Podcast! In this episode I (Laurent Bannock) discuss 'Breakfast For Athletes: Advisable, Inappropriate or Irrelevant?' with Javier Gonzalez PhD, Department for Health, University of Bath). In this session we get into:
- Energy Balance: why it is important and how we measure it (within the lab and free living)
- Breakfast and energy balance (without exercise)
- Breakfast and glucose control (second-meal effect)
- Breakfast and exercise (energy balance, fat metabolism)
- Breakfast, exercise & glucose control
- Lashings of context!
Checkout our other podcasts, video blogs and articles on all things performance nutrition at www.GuruPerformance.com