How do Olympic athletes continue competing, even after injuries that would keep most of us on the couch? And how can they truly heal their bodies? The answer may be the opposite of what you think.
Hear from former Olympic Snowboarder and Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor about what she's learned about how to deal with pain in the body, as well as Dr. Kenneth Craig, a celebrated pain researcher on pain threshold, pain tolerance, and how athletes are able to push through pain to get to the podium.
Explored in this episode:
- One woman’s journey from Olympic snowboarding to Traditional Chinese Medicine School
- The connection between mind and body, and how that relates to experiences of pain
- What it takes to “push” through pain to reach the podium
- The difference between physical and mental pain
- How acupuncture works to support the body’s healing
- The Chinese medicine approach to applying cold and heat to injury
For show notes, click here.
Powered by Saje Natural Wellness