Today on the show I'm joined by Backcountry Hunters & Anglers CEO Land Tawney to discuss one of the most significant conservation and public land victories in decades - the Great American Outdoors Act - and what all this momentum means for the future of hunting, fishing, and public lands.
- What is the Great American Outdoors Act
- How significant is this?
- The importance of the Land and Water Conservation Fund for hunters/anglers/outdoors people
- The importance of funding public land maintenance
- Is this a political gambit? And does it matter if it is?
- How to make sure this becomes a reality
- What's the MAPland Act?
- What are hunters/anglers doing well that has led to this kind of conservation win?
- What do we need to do a better job of?
- Are our public lands still suffering a "death by a thousand cuts?"
- What do we need to turn our attention to next?
Connect with Mark Kenyon
Mark Kenyon on Instagram
, and Facebook
MeatEater on Instagram
, and Youtube
Shop MeatEater Merch
Creators & Guests
We don't know anything about the creators of this episode yet. You can add them yourself so they can be credited for this and other podcasts.
This episode hasn't been reviewed yet. You can add a review to show others what you thought.