"When we're deep thinking we get to go to new, unexplored places - because a different level and quality of thought opens up new places."
Albert Einstein said, “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
Enter the power of deep thinking...
A practice, skill, and commitment that can help us succeed in this age of information abundance and overload as we own our individuality and express our best self.
But how do you cultivate the concentration, focus, and presence required to crack open depth so you don't get stuck in superficiality? This episode reveals how...
Tune in now and discover:
"To leverage this age of individuality, we need to know ourselves. We need to get clear about what we think, how we express, and what we desire... a depth of thinking can take us to these important answers."
- How deepening our thinking can spark a ripple effect in our lives - and even the world.
- Why information availability has transformed through the tech revolution.
- Journaling as a tool for delving, contemplating, and deepening your experience of life.
- What does it take to think deeply?
- Benefits of deep thinking.
This episode's journaling prompt.
- Deep thinking as a catalyst to discover our own opinions.
- Why depth is satiating - and what it opens up.
- Attention as a currency - and becoming indistractible.
- Journalling as a tool for cultivating deep thought.
- Four ideas for stimulating thought during a journaling session.
- Five depth cultivating questions.
- And more!
Kahil Gibran said, “Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.”
What wisdom, thoughts, feelings etc. does this quote crack open for you?
Plus, questions for depth to keep in your journaling toolbox.
"There's so much division and varying conversations. It's important we know as individuals where we sit on the spectrum or we settle for what the narrative says rather than what we know to be true for us." Also, check out the BestSelf Co. range of journaling tools:
- What are the deeper issues here?
- What's the real question I should be asking now?
- What's my blind spot in this situation?
- What possibility could this allow me to step into?
- What does this train of thought say about who I am being?
1. Creating Your Live List
2. Transform Fear to Focus
3. 52 List Journaling Prompts
[a free tool].
Finally, if you enjoyed this episode, please rate and review the show as it helps more people find us. You can also tag us on social. We're @bestselfco
and I'm @georginaelmorshdy
. Support the show