"We don’t want to get caught up in reliving time that’s already been spent - to the detriment of what’s in front of us NOW. "
Should you read back over your journal entries once you've written them?
This is an important question and one I get asked a LOT. It's also a question that needs an answer, which is why I created this episode.
Tune in now and discover:
"There’s something cathartic and releasing about expressing and purging your raw emotions into your journal. Articulating how you feel creates an outlet for those challenging emotions to move through you."
- The significance of the Be, Have, Do, trifecta.
- The role of highly emotional situations.
- Holding private, protected space for your emotions, reflections, and thoughts.
- Navigating the risk of the past.
- Shame, guilt, and reliving highly emotional journal entries.
- Reflection as a tool for compressing time and experiencing more.
- Journaling as a springboard for intentional planning.
- What cooking frogs have to teach us about personal growth.
- Cultivating creativity, idea generation, and self-awareness.
- External brains.
- From journal to effortless content creation.
- And more...
In summary, deciding whether or not to read back over your journal depends on what you have to gain from a revisit.
As you make this decision, it's important to strike the right balance between reviewing to reflect and learn without getting lost in the past.
How often do you read back through your journal? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this important question. "There are times when revisiting your journal is definitely a valuable and worthwhile experience."
Explore this week's journaling prompt:
How do you ensure that you learn the lesson that life is teaching you in the moment? Also, check out the BestSelf Co. range of journaling tools:
1. Transform Fear to Focus
2. 52 List Journaling Prompts
[a free tool].
And for more information about list journaling, check out this episode
Finally, if you enjoyed this episode, please rate and review the show as it helps more people find us. You can also tag us on social. We're @bestselfco
and I'm @georginaelmorshdy
Support the show