On this week's episode, Peter and Adam take a deep-dive into one of the most commonly played chords in jazz tunes: the five-seven chord.
Links from this episode:
7 Levels of V7 Chords
- Average Amadeus - "Mozart | Piano Sonata No. 16" / The Beatles | "Hey Jude"
- High 5 - Louis Armstrong | "West End Blues" / Professor Longhair | "Big Chief"
- Diminishing Returns - Charlie Parker | "Donna Lee" / Clifford Brown | "Joy Spring"
- Blue 9 - Miles Davis | "All Blues" / John Coltrane | "Cousin Mary"
- Kitchen Sink - Wayne Shorter | "Footprints" / Bill Evans | "On Green Dolphin Street"
- Sus It Out - Roy Hargrove | "Firm Roots" / Herbie Hancock | "Gentle Thoughts"
- Bill's Decadent Diminished - Bill Evans | "Waltz For Debby"
Interested in more music advice? Go here
to browse our catalog of jazz lessons and courses available for purchase. And be sure to check out our All Access Pass
- every course from Open Studio on every instrument.
Let us know what you think by leaving a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review, or head over to our YouTube channel
Follow us on Facebook