Most of you are already aware that there was a Google update this weekend that has had a big impact on the niche website making community. If you haven’t read about it yet you can find out about it at the following resources: Webmaster World
, Search Engine Land
. The gist is that websites with the domain name as the keyword that they’re trying to rank for will no longer have as much as an influence when it comes to ranking websites in Google as they did before.
There’s a lot of theory and speculation about this update so far, but Spencer Haws’ (from NichePursuits.com) and I had the chance to have conversation a about the following:
1. What streams of income is Spencer currently earning from?
2. How did the Google Exact Match Domain update affect Spencer’s and my websites?
3. Has the value of exact match domains/websites been decreased by this update?
4. Spencer gives us a glimpse into his premium version of Long Tail Pro version
What’s in this show…
Sign up for a Free Ten-day Trial of Long Tail Pro (discount affi…
– A great keyword research software that I personally use to do research. It’s super fast and will save you a lot of time. You can get it for $97 $77 through my discount affiliate link for a limited time.NichePursuits.com
– Spencer’s hub website where he talks about his online marketing venturesNiche Website Theme
– A theme Spencer and Chris Guthrie
developed especially for Niche Websites.
Spencer’s biggest influences include: Aaron Wall
, Jonathan Leger
The Adsense Flippers’ post
about how the Exact Match Update affected them
Spencer’s post at NicheSitePursuits.com
about the Exact Match update