If you were stranded on a remote island in the south pacific, what one luxury item would you want to have?
Plus, have you ever had that escape fantasy?
Well, today's guest will tell you what it is really like to drop everything and move to a remote island.
The Zero To Travel Podcast welcomes Alex Sheshunoff
- the author of the new hilarious book
, 'A Beginner's Guide to Paradise: 9 Steps to Giving Up Everything, So You Too Can: Move to a South Pacific Island, Wear a Loincloth, Read a Hundred Books, Diaper a Baby Monkey, Build a Bungalow, And Maybe, Just Maybe, Fall in Love!*'
* Individual results may vary. Baby Monkey not included.
Alex gives you the scoop on:
- Island travel
- Getting off the beaten path
- Leaving a job to pursue a completely new direction in life
- And what it takes to write a book about finding paradise
Listen, Laugh, and Learn:
- What it is like to face a quarter-life crisis
- The hardest part of deciding to move to a remote island
- How to create structure for a trip when the true reason is unclear (think mission)
- The best way to learn from the mistakes of others
- How to get out of your own personal Bermuda triangle
- The first life rule for taking any trip
- Is paradise a place you can find or just an idea?
- What island life is really like (thatch huts, no electricity)
- How to get in good with the island chiefs
- True definition of island fever
- And much more!
Thanks again for listening to the show! I'd love to see where you are listening to the show, so snap a selfie and share on twitter
(@zerototravel) or reach out via email
And for more Zero To Travel Podcasts, check out the archives here