What does slow traveling mean to you and why should youconsider it?
How does slow travel change your overall travelexperience?
In today's episode you'll hear all about slow travel, teachingoverseas, and how the color of someone’s skin affects their travelexperience.
You'll learn quite a bit from today's guest- a total traveljunkie and serial expat- Oneika Raymond. She has visited over 80countries on 6 continents (and counting!). She is also anentertaining and refreshingly honest travel writer, blogger, andteacher. Check out her work at Oneika TheTraveller
Quick thank you to italki for supporting today’s show. Get afree lesson here
(buy one, get one free for Zero To Travellisteners).
Listen Now to Learn:
- What creates the most dramatic changes in your travelexperience
- How to bring your cultural mores and values to anotherplace
- How to have a relationship while fulfilling your traveldreams
- Why teaching is a great vehicle if you want to keeptraveling
- How traveling while black is different
- Where to find inspiration to do something completely foreign(think outside the box)
- Why people of color experience a lack of representation
- How 'one-upmanship' in the travel world does not fosterlearning or growth
- Proof you can have a career while traveling the world
- And much more!
For more Zero To Travel Podcasts, be sure to check out the archives