"I dropped so many F-bombs the last 10K! I just kept saying, 'It’s gonna happen, it’s gonna happen!' I was just so hyped up."
This past weekend, Starla Garcia ran the Chevron Houston Marathon in 2 hours and 43 minutes — officially qualifying to run the 2020 Olympic Trials. On this episode — the 200th episode of the Ali on the Run Show! — Starla talks about her road to the OTQ, including missing the cutoff by just two minutes at last year's Grandma's Marathon, and a DNF at CIM. She talks about developing an eating disorder in high school, and finding recovery as a division-1 athlete in college. Today, Starla is a registered dietitian living in Houston, TX.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE
for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Where Starla’s OTQ dream came from (3:10)
- On bouncing back from disappointment (8:45)
- What Starla’s pre-Houston training was like (14:45)
- What it felt like to cross the finish line with an Olympic Trials qualifying time (27:00)
- Starla reflects on her relationship with running when she was growing up, and the pressure she felt as a D-1 collegiate runner (31:00)
- Starla talks about her past with an eating disorder (36:20)
- On becoming a registered dietitian (49:40)
What we mention on this episode: Carly Gill on Episode 182 of the Ali on the Run Sh… Neely Spence Gracey on Episode 42 of the Ali on th… "Elated Runners Are Headed to Trials After Grabbin…
by Emilia Benton for Runner’s World Anti-Diet
by Christy Harrison
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple P…
. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!