Hi, y'all! You weren't expecting a show today were you? Well, we have a surprise for you. First of all, you get a preview of how Erin sounds with a new mic, but that's not what we're here to announce. The real story is that about once a month we'll be bringing you a special episode that we like to call our Deadly Shorts. In these episodes we will circle back and cover some of the things we may have missed or overlooked in past stories, we'll answer listener questions and - most importantly - we'll be sharing your stories! If you have an unsolved mystery you'd like to share, or something creepy and unexplained that you have experienced, send it our way (email@example.com
) and we'll talk about it on the show. (Oh! We now have a YouTube channel if you prefer to listen that way.)
In this episode we chat for a bit (a lot longer than we had intended actually) about how the show is going, our inspiration for the show and address some listener comments, questions and concerns. We also talk about other special episodes we have coming down the pike, and give a few more details on things we've discovered (or have been told by listeners) about Dyatlov Pass (episode 1), the murder of Bob Crane (episode 2), Elisa Lam (episode 1) and the Atlas Vampire (episode 3).
Next, O'Dell talks about some recent mysterious happenings involving a body washing up on an Oregon beach, and two different incidents of human remains being discovered in south-central Washington. (More to come on these as stories develop.) Erin gives a preview of an exciting mystery that she has been working on with a friend, and then she talks about the unidentified "Mystery Pooper" who left their mark around the Houston Heights neighborhood. (This story was brought to our attention by our friend, Katie.). Enjoy!
- 00:00 - Intro
- 00:35 - What is a deadly short?
- 04:50 - Listener questions, comments & concerns
- 17:33 - Where did the show (and the inspiration) stem from?
- 19:02 - Deadly Hypothetical you say? (What is that?)
- 19:47 - Listener numbers, a thank you, and a shout out to Amber Kennedy. (P.S. We're basically famous - in our minds.)
- 23:49 - Follow-ups on episodes 1-4 (thanks to the listeners who wrote in!)
- 36:54 - Breaking news: Bodies and human remains found in the PNW (more to come.)
- 42:47 - An exciting announcement from Erin
- 44:21 - The tale of the Mystery Pooper
- 50:47 - Other fun announcements, and another request for your stories
Check out our website at someoneprobablydied.com
for more information on this week's episode, including links to resources and videos mentioned during the show.
If you have a creepy story or unsolved mystery that you'd like to share with us, send us a message to firstname.lastname@example.orgFollow us on Instagram
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Podcorn - https://podcorn.com/privacy