Welcome to Barbecast 98! After a month-long hiatus for Barbecasting due to our busy transition into our senior years of college, we shook off the rust and churned out a podcast for the listening masses (our moms). Our special guest this week (at 10:15) is the top pitching prospect in the Tampa Bay Rays organization, Brent Honeywell
. Brent's minor league season ended recently, so he had nothing else to do besides come on our silly show. Topics include:
- why Brent chooses to never lift anything ever
- going to the same high school as Ty Cobb
- being one of the only screwballers left on this Earth
- his outrageously dominant professional debut in the Appalachian League
- his mound mentality that allows him to stop professional hitters from scoring runs against him
- the last time he ran out of gas
- an unfortunate toe injury
- Vienna sausage (?!?!?!?!)
- Waffle House
- ...and more!
After Brent (at 47:15), the B-Ref Battle brought to you by Baseball-Reference returned featuring one of the most ridiculous background stories in this segment's history. We concluded (at 56:25) with an exciting Varsity Baseball Update about Jake (America's ROOGY) potentially being a starter for his triumphant senior season. Then we talk briefly about Jake's school hosting an upcoming presidential debate. Then we say goodbye. Thanks for listening
Music: We Back
The B-Ref Battle is brought to you by Baseball-Reference. Use the coupon code “bbq” for $6 off a one-year subscription to the Play Index, the essential tool for statistical baseball research. Click here to order your Play Index now! Click here for the B-Ref Battle Name Database!
Please rate and review us on iTunes! We’d really appreciate it!