Welcome to the Law School Toolbox Podcast. Today, we’re talking about one of the keys to success in law school – managing distractions. We live in a world of ever-increasing distractions. From technology, to analysis paralysis, to life’s ongoing drama, there are a million things you can turn your attention to at any given moment. Learn to master distractions in law school and you’ll have greater success, not only academically, but in your law career and in life as well.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Internet, social media and technology – put the phone down!
- How overthinking and mental clutter block your focus
- Offloading mental clutter with systems and habits
- Life and relationships – setting healthy boundaries and efficiently taking care of your needs
- Avoiding seeing distractions as a result of boredom
- Improving concentration though improved sleeping habits
- ADD/ADHD: even mild cases can manifest differently in the law school environment
Episode Transcript: Download the Transcript
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes
) (or your listening platform of choice). And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website
). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee