I’m with Scott Rose, The Inspirational Nerd, and we’re going to talk about how you can lose weight efficiently without working out much. We’ll be diving deep into the ketogenic diet, a somewhat controversial diet that he and I both follow. We’ll be talking about fasting and how Scott coached me through my first 3-day water fast where I didn’t eat anything for 3 days and only drank water, and what kind of fat loss and other results I got from that. Here’s a sneak preview – I was extremely productive, which might sound counterintuitive.
In fact, I want to say that a lot of things that are discussed today might sound controversial, but I want to ask you to keep an open mind. When I first heard these ideas it went against everything I ever learned about health, nutrition and productivity. But once I dove deeper into the research and tried it myself, it all made sense and I’m excited to share these ideas with you.
Thanks to Blinkist for supporting The Productivity Show. Fit more listening and reading into your life with key takeaways from the best nonfiction books. Get a free 7-day trial at Blinkist.com/TPS.
Medical disclaimer: this episode is not giving medical advice. This is for entertainment purposes only. If you do anything, please consult with your physician.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- What got Scott interested in the ketogenic lifestyle [5:06]
- How an incredibly painful experience opened Scott up to a new way of thinking [11:39]
- Why the logic behind eating fat making you fat is unsound [19:26]
- Why the ketogenic lifestyle is both about what you eat and when you eat [22:27]
- The super simple way to make almost any meal a high-fat meal [28:24]
- Thanh’s personal journey into the ketogenic lifestyle, and how it affected his daily life [29:25]
- How government programs and regulations helped lead America into the obesity epidemic [33:03]
- Why reducing your calorie intake can actually have the opposite effect in a diet [39:34]
- Thanh’s test of adding tons of extra calories through fat in his diet [47:00]
- Why a high-fat low-carb diet won’t necessarily help you lose weight, and what will [54:35]
- Why obesity is the canary in the coal mine for your overall health [1:07:10]
- How focusing on your health is the natural key to healthy weight loss [1:11:43]
- How intermittent fasting can completely rebuild your immune system [1:14:09]
- What you can eat to get started in the ketogenic lifestyle [1:22:52]
- The surprising cause of the weight gain from your burger, fries, and a coke [1:30:02]
- What other tips and hacks you can use to keto your meals [1:33:33]
- Some of Scott’s favorite keto-friendly foods [1:41:11]
- The most important things that Scott would recommend for people to get started in the ketogenic lifestyle [1:53:40]
Connect With Scott Rose:
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how