In this week’s show we talk with Larry Lindenman of Point Driven Training about the role that physical fitness plays in personal protection but more importantly in life in general.
Larry is a retired Illinois State Police officer and an avid martial artist with a strong competitive background. He owns Point Driven Training and is an instructor in the Shivworks collective. Larry also has a masters degree in exercise physiology and has a deep understanding of how physical fitness can enhance an athlete’s performance. When this knowledge is paired with Larry’s understanding of the dynamics of violence, well, that is where the magic happens.
In todays Episode we talk about:
- Saps and Blackjacks a course that Larry will be teaching at this years Tac-con,
- Larry’s Background in exercise physiology,
- What physical fitness has to do with violence,
- What a person needs to do to be considered healthy,
- Why cardiovascular disease is more of a threat than violent criminals,
- Why you consider lots of LSD to be the solution to your fitness issues
- How chasing numbers can lead you away from your real goals,
- How to make exercise and nutrition habitual by removing barriers,
- Why consistency is so important in your physical fitness and,
- How you can exercise to create adaptations in your body most efficiently.
Important links related to today’s show. Point Driven Training Shivworks Starting Strength Wim Hof Method Rangemaster Tac-Con
Find out about the SSA Podcast You can learn more about the Safety Solutions Academy podcast by heading to ssapodcast.com
where you will find the latest episodes of the Safety Solutions Academy Podcast.
Subscribe to the Show and Leave a Review! Please consider subscribing to the Safety Solutions Academy podcast so that each and every episode of the Safety Solutions Academy podcast will be delivered right to your phone. You can subscribe and even leave ratings and reviews by heading to safetysolutionsacademy.com/itunes
Become an Safety Solutions Academy Patron! The Safety Solutions Academy Podcast is currently a podcast that is sponsor free and it is supported completely by it’s listeners.
You can support the Safety Solutions Academy podcast by heading to safetysolutionsacademy.com/support
and becoming a patron.
In addition to helping to spread the Safety Solutions Academy podcast and it’s important personal protection podcast to a larger audience of people just like you, becoming a patron provides you with access to exclusive content available through a private feed for patrons only. Finally, patrons are eligible for exclusive rewards like training with Safety Solutions Academy, ammunition and even a chance to receive a new handgun.
Head to safetysolutionsacademy.com/support
to become a patron today.
In today’s Exclusive Patron only portion of the podcast we talk about
Again, check out safetysolutionsacademy.com/support
for more information on how you can gain access to the exclusive patron only content.
Purchase a MagFIX Today The MagFIX is an improved magazine base pad and sleeve for the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield. The MagFIX:
- Locks the sleeve in place for smooth and fast reloads
- Provides improved grip on the magazine for a better grip on the gun and magazine
- Helps empty mags drop free so that you can get your gun back up and running quickly when you need to most!
You can check out the MagFIX by heading to MagFIX.co
to learn more or to make a purchase or you can find the MagFIX on Amazon here
Train with Safety Solutions Academy Safety Solutions Academy is dedicated to educating those that wish to be more prepared to deal with our violent world. Please take a few minutes to check out the courses we offer:
Shop with our SSA Affiliates to support the show! You can support the Safety Solutions Academy Podcast by clicking through our affiliate links:
When you visit GunMag Warehouse
for more mags, and to support the show!