On today's show, we discuss a controversial topic in the health world, protein. Whether it be from plants, powders, animal flesh... there are so many ways to get your daily quota. In the end, there is no one size fits all solution. We distill down the facts and you need to decide what works best for you. Whether you go all in on plants or include some meat to satisfy your protein needs, one thing we can all agree on... quality is essential.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Our current favourite sources of protein
- Macro and micro nutrients
- Protein is needed for a healthy immune system
- Children, pregnant women, and athletes need more protein
- 30 grams of protein within the first 30 minutes of waking for weight loss
- We aren't perfect
- All plants contain protein
- Ditch the faux meats
- Benefits of consuming meat
- Vitamin B12: cyanocobalamin vs. methylcobalamin
- If you only eat plants, make sure you are topped up on these nutrients
- Factory farms, hormones, methane gas, and other problems associated with eating meat
- Eat meat less often but insist on quality
- Greens are the #1 way to transform your health
- Plants (in general) are very alkaline forming in the body
- Large scale agriculture is killing animals, too
- It's time to drop the diet labels... vegan, paleo, etc.
- Honour your own health journey
- Protein rich, plant-based foods
- Symptoms of protein deficiency
Related links: Sunwarrior
TUHP Episode 007: Yes You Can Fill Up On Plants
TUHP Episode 13: Making Fitness Fun
Marni Wasserman - Plant-Based Diet For Dummies (bo…
The Healthy Butcher (Toronto)
Tolerant red lentil pasta
067: Koya Webb – What To Eat Before Yoga | Meditat…
058: Mike Mutzel – Next Level Gut Health | The Pow…
214: Dr. Mark Hyman – What The Heck Should I Eat? …
162: Jordan Younger – Overcoming Orthorexia • Do A…
281: Vani Hari aka Food Babe – Feeding You Lies • …
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
5. Download The Ultimate Health Podcast app (FREE). This way you'll have our whole library of episodes right at your fingertips. Download our iOS/Apple app or our Android app.
6. Share using the buttons below.