Andy Chen (@andychen), partner at Coatue, and Jose Guardado (https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseguardado/), founder of a new company, join Erik on this episode.
- How hiring has evolved over the last decade.
- Why startups are focusing on recruiting earlier, and hiring people dedicated to the task as some of their earliest employees.
- How to find a co-founder who will work well with you, and how to deal with disagreements between co-founders.
- The most common mistakes made when hiring.
- How to figure out how equity should be distributed between founders and early hires.
- How to source the best candidates at early-stage companies.
- Their best advice for doing reference checks.
- Startups in the talent and recruiting space and potential opportunities for founders.
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at villageglobal.vc or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.
Podchaser is the ultimate destination for podcast data, search, and discovery. Learn More