This week we’re improving our public speaking skills with the help of expert Carmine Gallo, author of “Talk Like TED: The 9 Public-Speaking Secrets of the World’s Top Minds,” who tells us about the importance of story and emotion when it comes to presenting. Then hear Lifehacker’s Food Editor, Claire Lower, tell her own story about how she learned to get comfortable in front of a crowd.
On today’s show, I’m very happy to welcome best selling author and speaker, Carmine Gallo. Carmine is the bestselling author of Talk Like TED, The Storyteller’s Secret, and most recently, Five Stars: The Communication Secrets to Get from Good to Great. He is...
The post Episode #132: Carmine Gallo appeared first on Policy Viz.
Carmine Gallo - "Talk Like Ted: The 9 Public-Speaking Secrets of the World's Top Minds", Former anchor and correspondent for CNN and CBS, communications coach for the world's most admired brands, best-selling author, columnist for Forbes and Monster.com. Carmine has worked with Coca-Cola, Intel, LinkedIn, Stanford, Cisco, and many more. Learn the secrets of how these companies communicate!
What we learn in this episode:
• How to stand out as a communicator.
• What are the most common problems that brands face when trying to communicate with their customers?
• What is the best way to land a sales job?
• Did you know that passion is contagious? It's science!
• What is Howard Schultz, the CEO of Starbucks most passionate about?
• All great presentations have 3 key components:
They are emotional
They are novel
They are memorable