Chau Lai first found her passion for finance as an Economics Major at the University of California San Diego. At the advice of her professors to “invest early,” Chau pooled her savings to invest half and the rest independently at the age of 17. Real-world experiences and early childhood struggles taught Chau important lessons regarding building and preserving wealth. They inspired her to craft her own unique investing methodology and personally redefine the meaning of success. She established her business in June 1997. Since then, she has enjoyed working with accomplished business owners and their families to create legacy and help protect wealth for future generations. Her progressive mindset and strong work ethic provide focus and direction for her clients to help accomplish their financial goals with an emphasis on wellness and balance. Chau helps her clients find their true purpose for money and to redefine the meaning of success.
Tune in to hear:
- How to keep your clients grounded in the present while making space for dreaming about future possibilities?
- Some takeaways from someone who grew up with conflicting money scripts / parental examples
- Ways we can become self-aware of detrimental financial habits that we take for granted
- Should financial professionals be candid about their personal history and relationship to finance or might this hinder their ability to serve their clients’ interests?
- Are financial professionals trending towards a more holistic, personalized approach to wellness?
- Ways in which financial professionals can compete with machine learning and AI