The co-founders of Stable Genius Productions have a candid conversation about their current financial situation (hint: their grant is running out soon), the highs/lows of making this season of the podcast (another hint: they had a fallout over email), and Civil's plans to resurrect itself in 2019 (final hint: the token lives on).
Blockchain has not yet added value to international development projects, USAID finds. After mindfulness, tech takes on information overload, Manoush's forecast for Neiman Lab. Indiewire calls Season 2 Episode 2, one of the best podcast episodes of 2018! Radiotopia reaches 25,000 new contributors!
WHO YOU’LL HEAR:
@manoushz (Manoush Zomorodi, host of ZigZag and cofounder of Stable Genius Productions), @jpoyant (Jen Poyant, producer of ZigZag and cofounder of Stable Genius Productions)
**MANOUSH'S TOP 10 READS OF 2018:
**10. Empress of Facebook: My Befuddling Dinner with Sheryl Sandberg (WIRED)
9. Lena Dunham Comes to Terms with Herself (The Cut)
8. A Guide to Worrying in the 21st Century (Bill Gates)
7. Barcelona's Experiment in Radical Democracy (New Yorker)
6. Cryptopia in Crisis: Joe Lubin's Ethereum is a Mess (Forbes)
5. The Gift of Menopause (NYTimes) -**TIE- **Jennalee (Popula)
4. The Devastating Illusion of Control (The Cut)
3. The Plastic Backlash: What's Behind Our Sudden Rage- and Will It Make a Difference? (The Guardian)
2. Estranged in America: Both Sides Feel Left Out (NYTimes)
1. The Prophets of Cryptocurrency Survey the Boom and Bust (New Yorker)
ZigZag is the business show about being human.
Join a community of listeners riding the twists and turns of late-capitalism, searching for a kinder, more sustainable way. Manoush Zomorodi and Jen Poyant investigate how work and business impact our wellbeing and the planet we live on. On Seasons 4 and 5, hear from rebels and visionaries with radical ideas on how we can build stable lives, careers, and companies.
**If you’re also interested in Jen and Manoush’s personal story and their adventures in starting their own business with a little help from blockchain technology, listen to the first three seasons, starting with Season 1, Chapter 1.