Dr. Stanley J. Ward is the Ethical Leader, the Intentional Influencer, on a mission to defeat burnout. He is the AntiFool.
In this episode, we're going to talk about what it means to be a leader. The leader holds responsibility for multiple things: from managing teams to becoming the face of a company. But how do we become them, both effectively and ethically? What if it's too much to bear? What if we burn out? Who better to talk about all this with than Dr. Stanley J Ward.
Dr. Stanley J. Ward has decades of experience as a writer, educator, and leadership coach. His writing work includes scores of blog articles as well as two leadership books - Ethical Leadership: A Primer and How to Beat Burnout for Yourself, Your Family, and Your Team. Dr. Ward with his Ph.D. in Leadership Studies has done a ton to accelerate the growth rate of amazing leaders to become even more than who they are right now.
We talked about:
- All the different facets of an effective ethical leader: what do you need to become one?
- The meaning of burnout and how to avoid it
- Differences between burnout and worn out (yes there is a few!)
- Intention and influence, the two aspects of a true leader
- And of course, comics and Captain America!