Stephen Covey in his book The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People, in habit 7, introduced the concept of sharpening the saw.
What he meant by this metaphor, was that it is vital that we take quality time out and invest in our well being if we are to achieve what it is we set out to achieve with sustainable success.
In today's fast, busy passed world it is easy to get on the treadmill of tasks thinking that our business is going to stop if we do, or that our business will break if we take a break.
It’s simply not the case.
To be successful in business we need to slow down to go faster.
In this episode, I share with you the importance of slowing down and taking regular breaks in your business.
When you do this you come back more energised and equipped to tackle things in your business with greater effort, more efficiently and with clearer thinking.
- How easy it is to get bogged down thinking you can’t take a break from your business.
- The challenges of scaling your business and being able to take breaks
- The importance of taking time out to sharpen the saw, by investing in yourself for better more efficient growth
- What happens if you don’t invest in time for yourself.
- How to go about getting started taking time out for yourself even when you feel there’s no way you can.