Brew some tea, grab your sage and calendar block a therapeutic journaling session approximately 90 minutes from now, because it's time to experience Modern Art: Cursed Edition.
Just how cursed are we talking here? Very. Very, very cursed. Plus a couple from Fiona.
How does one determine if an Art is cursed? Have we placed an indelible hex upon ourselves by merely discussing these pieces aloud? And will your brave and valiant hosts ever recover from the nightmarish, sinister vibes conjured by a simple line drawing? Join us for some light-hearted and not at all traumatising fun as we answer these questions and more.
All Arts and bundles more fun to be found on IG & twitter @heycabinfever! xoxo
Addiction/Suicide/Death: 26:00 - 33:13
Throwbacks to the previous topics: 45:30 - 49:50
Serial Killers, Murder etc: 50:50 til the end p much
SPOILERS FOR THE ARTS BELOW:
- Music by Henri Matisse (1910, not 1939)
- Triptych, May-June 1973 by Francis Bacon (1973)
- Balloon animals by Jeff Koons
- Object by Meret Oppenheim (1936)
- Study for the Nurse in the film Battleship Potemkin by Francis Bacon (1957)
- Every art done in prison by John Wayne Gacy aka The Killer Clown