Welcome to a bonus Spotlight episode, everyone! This episode we have Michael Addison and Banana Chan joining us to discuss and create characters for Rebels of the Outlaw Wastes, a game where you play in a rock-n-roll dystopia as misfit outlaws that fight the Powers That Be! Kickstarting October 4th, 2022!
Character Creation Cast Patreon
- Rebels of the Outlaw Wastes Kickstarter
Leave us reviews in any, or all, of these places:
Character Creation Cast on Apple Podcasts (The best place to leave reviews for us)
Character Creation Cast on Podchaser
Character Creation Cast on Facebook
Guests and Projects:
Banana Chan @BananaChanGames
Michael Addison @nerdypupgames
Games and Tools discussed this episode:
Rebels of the Outlaw Wastes:
- 00:00:22 - Introduction
- 00:05:44 - What's in a game? - Core concept
- 00:07:50 - What is the setting like in this game?
- 00:09:14 - What do characters do in Rebels of the Outlaw Wastes?
- 00:10:15 - What materials do we need to play this game?
- 00:12:15 - Let's make some people! - What caused The Crash?
- 00:14:37 - What was the height of technology before the crash?
- 00:16:45 - What do survivors remember most about the old world?
- 00:22:56 - What relics survived that are now a mystery?
- 00:26:42 - The Outlaw Wastes - Mashing up terrain types
- 00:28:22 - What strange beauty or wonder exists because of this blend?
- 00:29:17 - What natural things are dangerous because of this?
- 00:30:05 - What modes of transportation do outlaws rely on?
- 00:35:01 - What is the voice that communicates danger and opportunities to hte outlaws?
- 00:37:25 - The Valley - Something familiar in the Valley
- 00:38:37 - Two strange things in the valley
- 00:42:51 - The powers that be - The Brand and Jackboots
- 00:44:19 - Vision and Mission Statement
- 00:50:50 - Choosing Edges for The Powers
- 00:52:02 - Squad Concept
- 00:55:21 - Backgrounds
- 00:59:35 - Choosing a Background
- 01:03:47 - Background Features, Focus Skill, Gear and Drive
- 01:20:05 - Choosing a Calling - Focus Skill, Features, Path and Catchphrase
- 01:27:36 - Character Looks
- 01:36:59 - Names and Assigning Attributes
- 01:42:22 - What inspired these character creation mechanics?
- 01:45:35 - How was the process of creating this game?
- 01:54:25 - Kickstarter Info
- 01:58:04 - Episode Closer
- 02:01:20 - Outtakes
Character Creation Cast: