Americans might not recognize the name Ellyse Perry, but she is perhaps the most successful and versatile athlete in the world currently. She has made the World Cup in two different sports, and was recently named the top women's cricketer in the world of the past decade. She shares an athlete's perspective to this week's podcast, discussion her own career path, approach to athletic development, and more.
For more information on this topic, read the complete show notes at: http://www.hmmrmedia.com/2021/04/gaincast-episode…
The following links were referenced in the podcast or provide some additional reading material on the topic:
- Our monthly GAIN Master Class Series features speakers from all aspects of performance. This month we'll look at training and rehabilitating the shoulder. Sign up now to get access to all past and future events in the series.
- The GAINcast is also sponsored by HMMR Media. Join HMMR Media to get access to a vast library of online training resources, video, articles, podcasts, and more.
- You can follow Perry on Instagram (@ellyseperry) and Twitter (@ellyseperry). You can also learn a bit more about her background on her webpage.
- The recent documentary 'The Record' tells the story of the Australian team's journey at the ICC Women's T20 World Cup. You can watch the trailer here, or stream it on Amazon Prime.
- Perry has worked with Dean Benton recently. You can learn more from Benton on GAINcast 186. We've also done a couple of written interviews with him on rest, recovery and travel, tactical periodization, and using technology to integrate testing, training, ….