You may have seen Michael Port on T.V. shows such as All My Children and Sex
the City, but he is also an author, speaker, and small business consultant. He is the author of books such as Book Yourself Solid
, Beyond Booked Solid
, Steal the Show
, The Contrarian Effect
and the New York Times Bestseller, The Think Big Manifesto
. Michael also runs Heroic Public Speaking
, and is the host of the public speaking podcast Steal the Show with Michael Port.
Michael Port is an amazing speaker, trainer, actor, and marketing expert, and he is here to share with us today his top-notch tips on becoming an expert speaker. Whether you want to add public speaking to your resume, learn new tactics for your current speaking gigs, or just want to make a great impression on your fiance's parents, today's episode will leave you feeling confident and ready to connect with your audience, not matter how big or small.
For complete shownotes and more, please head over to www.optimizedgeek.com/michaelport
- Top speaking tips you can incorporate into your routine
- How to tell a great story, and give your audience more than facts
- How to engage with your audience to keep momentum in the room
- How improving your public speaking can affect all aspects of your life
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED ToastMasters National Speakers Association Book Yourself Solid Beyond Booked Solid Steal the Show The Contrarian Effect The Think Big Manifesto Michael Port Method & Heroic Public Speaking Keynote PowerPoint
1) Use the three act structure to build your story-line – exposition, conflict, and resolution
2) keep your palms open when you speak-it makes you appear more approachable and not as wif you are lecturing.
3) Be aware of things to avoid when speaking-don’t repeatedly touch yourself, your hair, your ear, your nose, etc.
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
As always, thank you for tuning in. Please feel free to drop by the website to contact me or leave a comment. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it!
STAY CONNECTED Reboot and Improve Your Life - Free Guide | Twitter | Facebook