Psst. Are you reading the show notes? First off, thanks! :-D
Secondly, if you're reading the show notes, you must be into the show enough to want to watch the video version we do LIVE every week on Thursdays at 11 a.m. in our Facebook group, the Hate to Weight Discussion Group
. Hope to see you there!
New to Hate to Weight? Make sure you’re subscribed so you’ll never miss an episode
and so you can listen to all the back episodes! Call in your WINS anytime! 760-WINNING -— 760-946-6464 Meet Your Hosts:
In This Episode:
- John Bukenas is a podcast editor from New Jersey. He started the podcast doing keto and intermittent fasting, but is now gearing up for bariatric surgery (probably) later this summer.
- Emily Prokop is a podcast editor from Connecticut. She has been doing Intermittent Fasting since April 2018 and has lost more than 50 pounds.
We’d love to hear your scale and non-scale victories! Come celebrate your wins over in the Hate to Weight Discussion Group on Facebook! Links Mentioned:
Join Us On Our Journey:
- Reactive Mode can be dangerous to those with ADHD and planning for things in advance, as well as routines and even self-care!
- John uses his Amazon Echo — WARNING: THIS EPISODE WILL SET OFF YOUR ALEXA
- You may think ADHD is about being all over the place and unable to concentrate, but those with ADHD also have what’s called Hyperfocus and it’s hard to come back to it if we’re distracted.
- John has taken a SCREW IT attitude to the LIttle Things that stress us out!
- John’s looking at getting some meals delivered in preparation for his upcoming Bariatric Surgery.
- Have you used a Sous Vide?
- Emily now has a mission to make the ribs.
- John found an egg wrap for his Instant Pot! Hurray!
- Emily is examining her negative mindset and trying to change it to be more positive.
- John tells us some of the tips he learned from his therapist, including walking us through a calming breathing technique!
- John’s breathing technique even dropped his blood pressure!
- Emily brought her eating window down to six hours and gets a little more conscious of her eating.
- Can you go to sleep better on an empty stomach or a full stomach?
- So many Winning Wednesdays that are awesome in our group! Thank you so much for sharing with us!
- Congratulations to Amy who posted her AMAZING transformation!
- Emily scared off her husband when she got too excited when he wanted to start running … but we became a Walking Family!
- Later, Weighters!