May 4, 2021
Psalm 1 - Useful or Useless?
There are two options in this psalm, two directions. Jesus often taught this way.
- Two foundations we can build our house on - sand or rock
- two gates and two roads Matthew 7:13-14
Two portraits in Psalm 1, the blessed man and the wicked man.
- Blessed Man -
- what he does not do: not influenced by the culture or lifestyle of culture
- Delights in the law of God
- Like a strong tree that produces fruit year after year
- Wicked Man -
- Like chaff
Psalm 1 states here that blessed is the man/woman who steers clear of the influence of the evil of our culture and delights in being spiritually nourished by the Word of God.
But if we are not listening to God’s teachings then we are like chaff.