In Episode #320, Eric and Neil discuss whether should you send gifts to your customers. Tune in to learn gift ideas for your clients, the benefits of being generous, and the importance of showing appreciation to your clients!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Send Gifts to Your Customers?
- 00:34 – Neil is a big believer of sending gifts regardless of whether it is a high-paying or not
- 00:42 – It creates a ton of loyalty
- 00:48 – You can give your high-paying customer something more personalized
- 01:10 – Add a personal note to the gift
- 01:30 – For lower-paying customers, you can send them “Thank You” postcards
- 01:58 – For sending postcards, you can use Letter Friend
- 02:18 – Gemnote sends premium gifts to companies
- 02:26 – Giftology is a book that is packaged in a leather bag
- 03:12 – The lifetime value of customers in the consulting world is high
- 03:19 – Eric wants to give memorable gifts
- 03:26 – The most memorable gift Eric has received from a company is a battery pack from The RD Summit Brazilian Conference
- 04:04 – Eric has started looking at some of the best headphones and has sent them to their clients
- 04:24 – You’re creating goodwill and they will remember you
- 04:43 – Whatever you send, make sure it ties back to what you’re doing
- 05:27 – Do your research and look for what is relevant to your client and your business
- 05:40 – People like to do business at the end of the day so you have to know your client
- 05:48 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Regardless of the amount a client is paying you, you should send them all a token gift of appreciation.
- Giving gifts to your clients creates loyalty.
- Whatever you send, make sure it is relevant to your business and to your client, so DO your research.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: