Sean shares his strategies and systems for writing novels. He shares how he co-wrote more than 1.5 million words last year with his business partner, Johnny B. Truant, by writing out an outline that fleshes out his ideas on paper. Hear the systems he uses in today's episode below.
In this Episode We Discuss:
- What got Sean interested in writing fiction
- Sean’s gift of telling stories through copywriting
- Sean’s system for writing online articles fast
- How and why Sean started a blog
- How Sean’s refined systems helped him produce more than 1.5 million words last year with his business partner
- Sean’s outlining system of writing out character descriptions, location scouting, and more
- How Sean writes out what he calls 300 word “Beats” which are description and background of each chapter in the novel
- Sean shares how he and his business partner wrote a complete story, from no idea to finished novel, in just 30 days
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Sean has written more than a dozen books with the help of David Wright and Johnny B. Truant. Some of these books include his most popular series: Yesterdays Gone, The Beam, and Unicorn Western. Recently Sean wrote, The Dream Engine, with the help of Johnny B. Truant during a project they called Fiction Unboxed. Besides writing, Sean enjoys spending time with Sean his wife, daughter, and son.
Connect with Sean:
Connect With The Podcast:
Enjoy the episode? Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes and leave a 5 s…
The Podcast is also now available to subscribe to on Stitcher Radio
. Can't wait for Thursday? Listen to Sean explain why he decided to open source his book, The Dream Engine, below.