To kick off the first official episode of the podcast, we're going back... All the way back... To 2009 and the trip to led us to start Tortuga Backpacks.
You may have read our About page
or heard one of us give a 30 second elevator pitch about why Jeremy and I started the company.
Now, you can hear the full story: why we went, where we went, and how we pulled off a two-week trip without any planning.
Most importantly, what was so bad about our backpacks that we had to start a company to fix it?
In This Episode
- 07:53 Who are Fred and Jeremy?
- 18:03 The trip that inspired Tortuga Backpacks
- 24:22 Why most luggage doesn't work for international travel
- 36:00 Frankfurt: actually a fun city
- 38:09 Prague: our favorite stop on the trip
- 42:05 Budapest: touring the Terror House and having a soak
- 49:00 Hvar, Croatia: beach time, sea urchins, and partying in ruins
- 1:03:34 Lessons learned from the trip
- 1:09:21 Word to the Wise
People On This Episode
Links from This Episode
Word to the Wise
Thiel inspired the Peter Gregory character HBO's Silicon Valley. Here's a clip on the value of college
Win a $100 Tortuga Backpacks Gift Card
Every month we give away a $100 gift card to someone who subscribes to and reviews the podcast.
Subscriptions, ratings, and reviews are helpful for getting the show ranked and discovered by other travelers. We appreciate your help spreading the word about Power Trip.
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or your podcatcher of choice with our RSS feed.
- Leave a review in iTunes.
- Fill out this form after you've done both for a chance to win a gift card.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback about the show or questions for us to answer on the air, email: podcast at tortuga backpacks dotcom.