Well, folks, the day has finally come: your suitcase can be locked and its location can be monitored all by using an app on your cell phone. Fred and Jeremy interview Diego Saez-Gil, Co-Founder and CEO of Bluesmart- the suitcase that's raising the bar for tech-savvy travelers. Interested in hearing how it works? Listen in and find out more about this phenomenal product, and the creative team behind it.
In This Episode
- 03:46 Reading reviews (Thank you! Please continue to rate and review)
- 09:38 Smart Luggage... What is this?
- 12:57 How Fred and Diego first met
- 14:32 Meet Diego from Bluesmart
- 15:11 How Bluesmart solves problems
- 18:23 Luggage locks using phone software- what if your phone dies?
- 19:10 What the airlines are thinking about Smart Luggage
- 21:32 Who have been the first to purchase Bluesmart?
- 22:34 Will Bluesmart always be cell phone dependent?
- 24:36 What the customers are wanting next
- 25:24 Ships in August!
- 25:45 The manufacturing process
- 27:45 Crowdfunding makes a difference!
- 31:20 Kickstart or Indiegogo?
- 32:57 A similar product coming out at a similar time
- 36:47 What comes next for Bluesmart?
- 37:30 Where to buy and/or learn more
- 39:30 Word to the Wise
People On This Episode
Links from This Episode
Word to the Wise
- Jeremy: Pillow - Airbnb management company; takes care of your rental for you.
- Fred: Co-working: Instead of always working in your home, find space in a co-working community to help motivate you and get you out of the house.
Win a $100 Tortuga Backpacks Gift Card
Every month we give away a $100 gift card to someone who subscribes to and reviews the podcast. Subscriptions, ratings, and reviews are helpful for getting the show ranked and discovered by other travelers. We appreciate your help spreading the word about Power Trip.
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or your podcatcher of choice with our RSS feed.
- Leave a review in iTunes.
- Fill out this form after you've done both for a chance to win a gift card.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback about the show or questions for us to answer on the air, email: podcast at tortuga backpacks dotcom.