A wise man once said, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." Taking a company retreat is a nice way to mix work and play (or, in our case, work and eating). We think taking a company retreat (or "workcation") is important in building solidarity, especially for distributed teams. In this episode, Fred and Jeremy discuss the plans for Tortuga's yearly company retreat. Find out where we're going and why, how we're funding it, and what our workcation goals are.
In This Episode
- 01:03 Tortuga Air video and packing cube photos
- 03:02 Company retreats
- 04:07 Why we picked San Sebastian
- 06:25 Why have work retreats?
- 10:05 The inspiration for our work retreats
- 12:07 How we're pulling it off
- 14:44 Traveling affordably with credit card rewards
- 17:56 Airbnb accommodations/credits
- 21:37 Southwest companion pass
- 23:35 What we hope to accomplish
- 25:03 Word to the Wise
People On This Episode
Links from This Episode
Word to the Wise
- Jeremy: Pittsburgh - Contemporary, affordable, lots of things to do and good places to eat
- Fred: Standing Desk - Stand up and work! It's great for your health and productivity
Win a $100 Tortuga Backpacks Gift Card
Every month we give away a $100 gift card to someone who subscribes to and reviews the podcast. Subscribers, ratings, and reviews are how the show gets ranked in podcast directories and found by more travelers. We appreciate your help spreading the word about Power Trip.
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, email, or your podcatcher of choice with our RSS feed.
- Leave a review in iTunes.
- Fill out this form after you've done both for a chance to win a gift card.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback about the show or questions for us to answer on the air, email: podcast at tortuga backpacks dotcom.