You crafted the perfect Christmas list for your kids—a blend of beautiful, educational, practical, and personal. All will be well when they open their pre-approved number of acceptable gifts. That is, until the gift-giver enters the scene and breaks all the rules. In this episode, Emily and Laura flip the gift-giving conversation to ask, “Mama, what’s going on in your heart?” When we remember God’s love to us through Christ, we can see the gift-giver through the lens of grace as we consider our response. Let the richness of Jesus's birth set a tone of gratefulness in your home this gift-giving season. RM APPLY QUESTIONS VIEW TRANSCRIPT
Articles, Resources and Related Content: R|M Advent 2018 Ep. 74, “Grandparents and the Gospel: Why Do Gran… Ep. 75, “Grandparents and the Gospel: Give Them G… “Gospel Thinking: How Do We Decide Our Family Tra…
- Eric Schumacher “FAQ: Should I Curtail Grandparent Gift-Giving”
- Jen Wilkin “Gentle Leading Advent: The Gifts of God”
- Trish Shank “X-Ray Questions”
- David Powlison “Christmas: It’s All About the Gifts”
- Melissa Kruger “The Guilt and Grace of Christmas Giving”
- Leslie Schmucker Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World,
- Kristen Welch
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us an email, or find us on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.
*Affiliate links used where appropriate. Thanks for supporting this ministry! HELP RISEN MOTHERHOOD MAKE MORE CONTENT LIKE THIS!